1. The level of teachers ’salary is approved according to one's degree and seniority.
For faculty who gave instructions in domestic colleges/universities or abroad or holding positions in research institutions whose ranks equal their current positions, and possessing outstanding service performance, his/her work experience can be accumulated into the calculation of salary.
|Registration of Teacher Certificate
Apply for new account on http://www.schprs.edu.tw, and fill in application form after person-in-charge of Personnel Office activate your account.
The files of application form can be stored temporarily, and you can print the formal version of resume. All the content will be submitted after checking by person-in-charge. Three 2-inch color head-shots are required.
For those who hold Foreign Academic Credentials, please hand in following documents:
Please consult the Entry and Exit Bureau for the Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates of the period pursuing PhD degree.
Any faculty promotion application shall be sent to the faculty evaluation committee of the related department/graduate institute for a preliminary review, and to the faculty evaluation committee of the affiliated college for a secondary review. Upon approval at the levels of department/graduate institute and college, the application shall be recommended to the university faculty evaluation committee for final review.
The procedures for NCKU faculty promotion applications are scheduled as follows:
General schedule for faculty promotion applications:
In addition to the general schedule, the schedule below is applicable to faculty promotion applications by assistant professors and lecturers employed after August 1, 1996: (The schedule in Item 2 is also applicable to faculty promotion applications by lecturers and teaching assistants based on a doctoral degree.)
NCKU teachers intending to hold non-NCKU positions must obtain prior written consent from the University, and the maximum number of such jobs at profit-seeking enterprises (i.e. private enterprises) is four. Cases of unauthorized non-NCKU appointments will be subject to three-level Teacher Evaluation Committee for deliberation and the results will be taken into consideration when it comes to renewing contract, yearly salary raise, promotion and faculty evaluation.
According to the Taiwan-China Document 0980203497 of the Ministry of Eduction (Dated December 2nd, 2009), the current exchange policy between us and the public schools in China are limited to general, frequent and short-term guest lecturing when it comes to ''The Exchange of Research and Teaching staff.'' Please do not recruit the staff in Taiwan to teach or take on any research jobs in China. In addition to this, the Ministry of Education has not allowed teachers of public schools to take part-time jobs or teach in China. Thus, for teachers of our University, please do not involve yourself with the aforementioned part-time jobs or teaching positions to reduce any problems insued.
For newly-appointed teachers, please review your current part-time job posting and the condition of your shareholdings. If you have violated the reugulations (for example, if working as the company representative), you should quit the job immediately or reduce the ratio of your shareholdings. If you have met the regulations of taking part-time jobs, yet is due to report it, please fill in Non-NCKU Position Application Form to complete the administrative procedure. The form can be dowloaded at the website of Personnel Office/Form/Certified Staff/Part-time jobs.
Other regulations on undertaking research projects or using professonal certificates:
A. For teachers undertaking subsidized projects, please do follow the administrative procedure of the University and the school's name must be put to the contract. It is prohibited if signing the contract and undertaking the research project personally without following the proceure of the school.
B. Teachers should fill in the request form of professional certificates and notification when registering and please do fill in the forms honestly. If one obtains new professional certificates, please do report it to the Personnel Office automously; thus, we can document it and report it to the the Ministry of Education. One must not illegally taking part-time jobs by using professional certificates or lend one's professional certificates to others.
For other inquiries on taking non-NCKU jobs, please contact Ms. Chuang at 50873.
Part-time teaching: Teachers are not allowed to have another part-time teaching or part-time job. Teachers are required to obtain permission from NCKU to be temporarily transferred, have another part-time job, or part-time teaching.
1. Teachers should meet the required teaching credits first to have a part-time teaching, 4 hours a week at most. The number of total teaching hours should be followed based on regulation. The exceeded teaching hours won’t be paid.
2. Application of having part-time teaching should be agreed by dean of department and college before 31 August or 31 January.
3. Teachers meeting one of the following requirements are not allowed to have part-time teaching, but agreement of the president is exceptional.
(1) newly-recruited for the first two years
For more information, please contact Ms. Chung ext.50873
|NCKU Faculty Evaluation
1. All NCKU full-time faculty members are subject to faculty evaluation according to these Directions.
2. Newly-employed full and associate professors who have passed the review for a second-term employment according to Article Five of NCKU Faculty Employment shall be considered to have completed their first faculty evaluation.
3. Newly-employed assistant professors and lecturers are not required to undergo any faculty evaluation during the designated maximum employment period according to Article Five of NCKU Faculty Employment. Those who have passed their promotion evaluation shall be considered to have completed their first faculty evaluation.
relational rules:NCKU Directions for Faculty Evaluation
|Take leaves and file travel expenses
1.Faculty who plan to go abroad must apply online and have to be approved before departure.
2. Personal Leave (7 days), Home Leave (7 days): Please process in advance. Home leave is regarded as personal leave.Sickness Leave (28 days), Menstrual Leave (1 day/ month): If more than 3 days in one semester, Menstrual leave would be regarded as sick leave
3. Wedding Leave (14 days): According to actual needs, wedding leave can be taken 10 days earlier than the wedding, but need to be completed within 3 month after the wedding. For particular reason, if approved by NCKU, it can be completed within 1 year.
4. Pre-delivery Leave (8 days)
5. Paternity Leave (5 days):
6. Funeral Leave: Please provide an obituary. The mourning leave can be taken separately, at least half a day per time, but need to be completed within 100 days.
Away for official reason:
Link: NCKU electronic administrative system：http://eadm.ncku.edu.tw/welldoc/default.php
For detailed information, please contact Ms. Sung's ext.50876
|Business trip fare
check with our staffs managing projects from diverse resouces as below:
1. Procedures of application for going abroad: Teachers and researchers should complete online application before departure. Apply online first, print out paper document, collect relevant attachment, and submit all the document to Personnel Office Ms. Chen ext. 50875.
2. For application for going abroad within lecturing periods:
(1)In order not to affect teaching, teachers can’t apply for going abroad for sightseeing within lecturing periods, but it doesn’t include having during winter, summer vacations, or for the reason of wedding leave and holiday.
3. For reason of academic study, like paying a visit abroad, one week is maximum.
4. If going abroad for personal affairs, for example, participating in children’s commencement, visiting heavy sick immediate relatives or participating in personal graduation dissertation oral defense or commencement. One week is maximum.
5. Applying for going abroad with self-funding for personal affairs, it is limited to have it once in a semester.
If teachers have part-time administrative position, going to Mainland China should be applied for before departure based on separate position, please consult Ms. Chen ext. 50875 for detailed information.
|Research and study
For the information of National Cheng Kung University Regulations Procedure Guidelines for Appling to Give Lectures Abroad and Research or Take Advanced Studies in or out of the Country, please link: http://pers-en.ncku.edu.tw/files/15-1037-5612,c3580-1.php?Lang=en
For more information, please contact Ms. Chung ext.50873
|Guidelines for Preventing and Appealing Workplace Sexual Harassment and Assault
1. Guidelines for Preventing and Appealing Workplace Sexual Harassment and Assault of National Cheng Kung University. These Guidelines apply to incidents of sexual harassment and sexual assault among faculty and staff of the University, for those are conducted by Gender Equity Education Act are excluded.
2.Other related Acts:
(1)Regulation for recruiting full-time teachers of National Cheng Kung University. (Articles 7)
In addition to above regulations, teacher should adhere to Gender Equity Education Act, Act of Gender Equality in Employment and other related regulations
There are four categories of the subsidies: Wedding Subsidy, Childbirth Subsidy, Funeral Subsidy, and Dependent Education Subsidy. Please apply for the subsidies listed above within 3 months after wedding, childbirth, death, or other registered items. Subsidies will be based on one’s salary of the month the event takes place.
-Emergency loans: For the detailed information, please contact Ms. Huang ext.50883
-Birthday gift voucher: For certified staff and contacted staff, Birthday gift voucher valued NTD 1300 will be issued.
-Health checkup: Certified staffs aged above 40 are eligible for health checkup reimbursement of NTD 3500 every two years.
|Position retained without pay
Reasons for Position retained without pay: lecturing, doing research or studying at home or abroad.
-Other reasons for Position retained without pay: caring for babies, elderly parents, studying, temporarily transferring and so on.
For detailed information, please contact Ms. Chen ext.50875
1. Teachers, on duty, have to join Government Employees' and School Staffs' Insurance (GESSI) and National Health Insurance. The items of payment of Government Employees' and School Staffs’ Insurance (GESSI) include disability benefit, old age benefit, death benefit and dependents’ funeral allowance, giving birth to babies, etc.
2. National Health Insurance:
(1)This insurance is mandatory, newly-recruited teachers are compatible with its qualification after registration.
For more information, please contact Huang at 50883.
Three categories of the retirement:
1. Voluntary retirement:
(1) Who has served for at least 5 years and has reached the age of 60.
2. Compulsory retirement:
Who has served for at least 5 years and has reached the age of 65. The date of retirement will be effective on first February or first August.
Who has served for at least 5 years and who is mentally incapacitated or physically disabled to the extent not capable of delivering services.
For the detail of calculating pension fund, please contact Ms. Huang ext.50882